Even though I’m not a ‘shorts’ girl, with the onset of summer I figured it would be a good time to try making a pair (coz lets face it – going camping in a 1950′s style dress just isn’t nearly as practical as I’d like it to be).
These were made using Simplicity 6946 from 1975. The pattern promised to be able to make a pair of shorts using only 1 metre or less of fabric, and I had a bit of scrap red cotton drill that was the perfect amount. Clearly, the fabric and the pattern were destined to be together.
I made up version 1, the “hip hugger” version, designed to sit 1.5″ below the natural waistline.
The pattern was very quick and easy to put together, and I’m contemplating trying it again sometime very soon….
There are some more details over on my blog.