Feeds:
Posts
Comments

Archive for the ‘Simplicity’ Category

I recently finished this blouse using Simplicity 1554.

Pattern used:

More information can be found on my blog.

Advertisements

Read Full Post »

Simplicity 3462

As part of a ‘Nautical’ challenge over at The Sew Weekly, I made up the skirt of Simplicity 3462, from the early 1960’s.

Made of a medium-lightweight cotton drill. More details are over here.

Pattern used:

Read Full Post »

+ + +

I recently finished this cheongsam based on a 1960s pattern, Simplicity 3000. More details can be found on my blog.

Read Full Post »

Vtg Simplicity 2757

Yesterday I finished up some minor details on this sweet pattern from the early 60s (?)…

All finished up into a great cotton sundress:

This one fit great out of the envelope, with some minor changes.  I did a broad back adjustment and re-angled the shoulder line and the dart.  That’s it!  Woot!

You can read more about it and see a few more pics on my blog!

Read Full Post »

Simplicity 3356

This is my second version of Simplicity 3356 and I love it.  This is now my go-to jumper pattern.

 

Read Full Post »

Simplicity 2391

Well, I have gone and sewn myself a sailor middy! Currently my closet is veering dangerously into looking like the racks of a costume shop, but I LOVE it anyway.

Originally this was going to be a muslin to test the fit since it’s basically a shapeless square, and I assumed it would in no way fit over my hips.

It did.

And then the sleeves went in perfectly, so I decided since it was white to just go all out and do the sailor thing. The collar was fine except for attaching it at the front v of the shirt. Between that and the facing and the vague pattern directions, I didn’t have a clue what was supposed to happen. It turned out alright, certainly not perfect, but nothing a casual onlooker would notice.

Look at those sleeves!!! Not a pucker or wrinkle in sight!!! I am so over the whole two rows of gathering thing and have been converted to pin easing. If you’ve ever struggled to get a decent looking set in sleeve, this method is nothing short of amazing.

Back view and untucked like it’s supposed to be worn. The side vents are so nicely sewn with little miters that it seems a shame not to wear it like this, but I still like it tucked in better.

The only changes I made from the pattern was to alter the sleeve – which is kind of a feat for me. Usually I’m making alterations all over the place!

If I could figure out a better, less prone to failure method of attaching the collar I would absolutely make this again. I even have the perfect striped fabric waiting in the wings…

Read Full Post »

Simplicity 2005

I can’t believe this is my first FO since before Christmas.  Normally, I avoid high necklines because they are unflattering to a full bust, but this one isn’t a typical high neckline.  I really like the wide collar, although it’s not as wide as the pattern illustration.    This is the first 1950′s pattern I’ve sewn in at least a year and I had forgotten how much I love them.  It was a straight grade up, no FBA, no extra bum room, no petite adjustments.  The only alteration I did was to lower the bust dart about an inch.  Easy Peasy!  I can see making more of these but I would add 1-2in in length if I’m going to continue wearing them with jeans, rather than skirts.

Read Full Post »

« Newer Posts - Older Posts »